Classes & Locations
Information & Forms
How much does it cost?
emotion21 is a fully registered and accredited NDIS Disability Service Provider. At present, the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) sets the price of supports for all registered disability service providers. These prices are subject to revision and change every financial year. emotion21 will upgrade its prices accordingly. Details of these prices can be found below as well as on the NDIS website.
For all participants who are not accessing the NDIS for emotion21 services, our class fees at emotion21 are deliberately kept at a minimum to enable all children and young adults to have the opportunity to participate. All fees are invoiced at the beginning of each semester.
What to wear?
We run a professional dance program and expect all dancers to be appropriately groomed and attired for class each week. Not only is this comfortable for dancing but it also reinforces teamwork and the emotion21 expectations of participants in the program.
Various t-shirt sizes are available to emotion21 dancers, which can be purchased via our shop or email email@example.com with your order. Dancewear is available at Bloch with a 20% discount off Bloch apparel and footwear all year-round, exclusively for e.motion21 dancers.
Our uniform includes:
- An emotion21 t-shirt
- Black leggings/stretch pants (100% black)
- Black modesty skirt (optional for girls)
- Black jazz shoes or dance sneakers (kinder bare feet)
- Black socks
Style of teaching
Emotion21 prides itself on harnessing the strengths and adapting to the needs of the individual with Down syndrome to enhance their dance ability and success.
- Our classes use visual cues for our dancers to achieve success.
- Our classes are structured and routine, and new concepts are introduced slowly and carefully to accommodate all our dancers.
- Our classes are planned and tested according to the ability of different age groups.
- Our teachers and volunteers understand the potential of our dancers and work together to achieve success.
- Our teachers and volunteers understand that ‘resistance to do’ is not stubbornness, it is usually a lack of trust with the situation or inability to fully understand what is required.
- Our teachers and volunteers utilise visual prompts and allow appropriate learning time.
- Our teachers and volunteers understand that hypotonia doesn’t equal muscle strength.
Style of dancing
We teach many styles of dance including jazz, hip hop, tap, contemporary and Latin, across all age groups.
What if my location is not listed?
Emotion21 has been contacted from people all around Australia who are asking when we can provide the specialised emotion21 program in their local community. We plan to strategically respond to these requests by replicating our program and offering new sites to high need areas throughout Victoria and nationally.
We are currently running an online “Virtual” class program which is open to all of Australia. Please see the Virtual class schedule on the 2021 Class timetable page.